- Ask Us Anything monthly calls: From “What’s up with current legislation?” to “Where do I order Rhogam?” For new and seasoned midwives alike
- Access legal counsel for general midwifery practice-related or business-related questions (first call free; nominal $35 processing fee for subsequent calls). (learn more here)
- Opportunity to add a birth center listing to the CAM site, reaching thousands of California families (learn more here)
- Webinars on timely topics to inform your midwifery practice
- Resources to keep you up-to-date on the issues that impact you as a licensed midwife in California, including our newsletter and legislative updates
- The continuing education you need to provide evidence-based practice, including webinars and our annual conference
- Tools for optimizing your midwifery practice, including a listing on the CALM Find a Midwife page
- Ensuring the best possible legislation for midwifery in California through a proactive legislative agenda and lobbying activities
- Making sure your voice is heard at the meetings that matter most, including representation at MAC, regulatory hearings, interested parties meetings and Medical Board of California meetings
- Discounts for your practice, including discounted CEU opportunities, insurance billing, malpractice insurance (40% discount with SouthernCross!) and tele-medicine for your client referrals (contact us at email@example.com for more information)
- Meaningful engagement in the organization through voting, surveys, committee participation (i.e. board nominating committee, advisory committee, legislative agenda committee), volunteerism and qualification to be nominated for an officer position or serve on the board of directors
- Midwifery Matters subscription discount
- All at cumulative savings of hundreds of dollars annually and much benefit that is beyond monetary value
CALM memberships are currently managed by the California Association of Midwives (CAM) website. Click below to be redirected to CALM membership information.
The California Association of Midwives recognizes the contribution that midwives of color make to the improvement on infant mortality rates, prematurity rates, breastfeeding rates, and maternal mental health for families within California. We recognize the dedication midwives of color have to their clients who often live in underserved, marginalized, and disenfranchised communities. The California Association of Midwives sponsors free California Association of Licensed Midwives memberships for California Licensed Midwives of Color. To join, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.