CALM ID Badge Request Form
California Association of Licensed Midwives is proud to offer Licensed Midwife CALM ID badges, available to all active CALM members*.
California Business and Professions Code, section 680 mandates that healthcare professionals working in a healthcare setting (which includes hospitals) must prominently display identification that meets a series of qualifications, set out in section 680(a) of the B&P code.
Licensed midwives commonly work in environments that either do not have this requirement (homes) or where the requirement is met by mounting licenses or degrees in a visible location (birth centers, offices). But what happens when families transfer to the hospital?
To simplify this process, CALM is now offering identification badges that meet all the requirements of the State of California, ensuring all CALM members have the tools they need to effectively support their clients in any setting.
To request your ID badge, please fill out all fields below exactly as you would like them to appear on your ID. CALM members will receive their ID badge and lanyard by mail, based on the current information provided in your CALM account.
ID badges take about eight weeks to print and ship. We will notify you when your order is ready to ship.
*Note: Not available to student midwives.
When submitting your ID photo, please make sure that it:
- Is at least 300 kb in size
- Contains only the individual being identified (no babies, no matter how cute!)
- Is forward-facing (i.e., you are fully turned toward the camera)
- Shows only your head and shoulders (i.e., not full length)
- A “head and shoulders” photo of you forward-facing, taken against a blank (white) wall with an iPhone should be fine.
- Keep in mind this is an ID photo - like the ones taken at the DMV or security offices - and are primarily about people being able to recognize you at a glance. No need for a fancy head shot!
Your ID photo should look like this:
Your ID photo should NOT include any of the following:
Your finished ID badge will look like the sample shown below: