COVID-19 Resources for Community Midwives – California
Login or Join to access the members only webinars and templates on COVID-19
Summary of CALM’S POSITION ON REDUCING RISK OF SARS-COV-2 INFECTION FOR PLANNED OOH BIRTHS
Midwives have an obligation to protect themselves, their clients and the community by
- practicing proper hand washing or using hand sanitizer when washing isn’t possible
- reducing close contact exposures and therefore community risk by the use of telemedicine, reduced appointment schedule, shorter appointment times, outdoor appointments or a combination of the above.
- wearing masks and asking clients/partners/doulas etc. to wear masks during in person visits and labor/birth
- encouraging the presence of a birth partner for all laboring women and recommending the number of people present at a birth be kept to a minimum in order to protect everyone’s health
- recommending families follow shelter in place guidelines during pregnancy and postpartum
- properly disinfecting all supplies and equipment
CALM is assembling this resource list to support community midwives in this challenging time of COVID-19. The aim is to share up to date information so that we can all benefit. Remember that this is a new virus and research is being released daily so please do your due diligence and do your own research as well.
Resources from other organizations
Supplies and Medications